Forest Holme Hospice Charity is proud to support the life-enhancing work of Forest Holme Hospice, part of Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Established on 26 April 1994, Friends of Forest Holme as it was known then, was set up to fundraise for the new specialist palliative care unit. Over the years the Charity has been committed to funding additional nursing staff for the inpatient ward, two counsellors to provide psychological support to patients and their families, a variety of complementary therapies, medical equipment and practical fixtures and fittings to make the Hospice a more homely environment.
Every adult in our community affected by a potentially life limiting illness has equal access to the support and service they need, whenever and wherever they are, in order to enhance their quality of life.
To enhance the lives of adults in Dorset with life limiting illness through clinical excellence, exceptional service and compassionate care. We are committed to:
- Providing emotional and practical support
- Supporting innovation and research
- Striving for equity of service provision
- Supporting training and education
- Raising our funds cost effectively
Our five values underpin and influence all areas of Forest Holme Hospice Charity’s work. We are:
- Ambitious to support the provision of world class palliative and end of life care
- Approachable in our manner
- Committed to delivering the best possible service in a cost-effective manner
- Person centred in all that we do to ensure the best possible outcome for the individual
- Transparent in all that we undertake to deliver our organisation’s goals
Over the next five years, Forest Holme Hospice Charity will look to focus and deliver on the following areas:
- Support Forest Holme Hospice to become a key provider of Palliative and End of Life Care
- Address inequality of service provision within the communities of East Dorset
- Champion collaborative working to help address service gaps and meet local need
- Help make the national framework for local action 2015-2020 ‘Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care’ a reality
- Enable sound financial growth to meet our commitments both now and in the future
You can download a copy of our 5 year strategy here.