- This event has passed.
Memory Bear Creating Workshops (Jan 24th / 31st / Feb 7th)
January 24 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£30.00
Bring precious memories to life with a Memory Bear keepsake made from clothes of a loved-one.
Join us for a 3 week course and learn how to make a unique item to cherish using clothes or material of a special person that you have lost.
You will be provided with a special step-by-step guide, as well as tea or coffee and biscuits at each workshop.
Items such as shirt buttons, stuffing, cotton and plain buttons will be supplied – you will then need to bring along the relevant clothing or material that is sentimental to you.
The course takes place on Fridays January 24th, 31st & February 7th 2020 between 10am-1pm in The Coldwell Room at Forest Holme Hospice.
The cost of the 3 week course is £30pp and the workshops are limited to 10 people max.
Once booked or for more information, please email email@example.com
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Ideal Materials you can use for your Memory Bear – Dressing gown, Jogging bottoms, sweatshirt, shirts, pyjamas, shorts.
- 2 x shirt buttons – to be used for the eyes (if you wanted to bring your own rather than using the ones we provide)
- 4 x 1-inch buttons – for joints (if you wanted to bring your own rather than using the ones we provide)
- Tie or ribbon to go around the neck (if applicable)
- Cotton that will co-ordinate with your materials (if you wanted to use your own colours)
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
- The stuffing for your bear
- Cotton (black, white, red and beige)