Thank you for your interest in fundraising for Forest Holme Hospice Charity. We rely on people like you to enable us to continue providing care for local people.
We’ve got lots of information to help you get started on your fundraising journey and we are there to answer any questions you may have or help where we can. The team is here to help you reach your fundraising target and to make sure you have fun whilst you’re fundraising!
Please download our fundraising pack to help give you some ideas and things you will need to think about. The list is not exhaustive and we’re sure you’ll have some of your own fantastic suggestions to add to the mix.
There are so many ways that you can get involved:
- You can organise your own event for family and friends to take part in.
- You can take on one of our challenges and get sponsored for your efforts, or you can sign up to your own event and choose to raise funds for Forest Holme.
- You can collect your small change (see ‘Small change, Big difference‘ below) and encourage your friends and family to do the same – small change really adds up and makes a huge difference!
- You can recruit your colleagues to get involved and organise some workplace fundraising events, or encourage your company to choose Forest Holme Hospice as their charity of the year
Once you’ve decided how you’re going to fundraise, make sure you download our fundraising pack which is full of fundraising hints and tips, safety advice and all the essential information you need to know if you’re planning your own event.
We can provide you with materials to help at your event, such as a sponsorship form, collection tins and buckets, bunting, balloons and charity t-shirts.
Please contact the fundraising team on 01202 670644 to request your materials.
Small change, Big difference
Our ‘Small change, Big difference’ jam jars are an ideal way to collect loose change for Forest Holme.
Each year the ‘Small change, Big difference’ appeal has helped pay for daily newspapers for the patients, travel costs for our volunteer Bereavement Counsellors and even a year’s supply of fish food for our pond.
Your small change really does add up and help to fund the ‘small’ things which help to make all the difference to our families, thank you!
Please contact the fundraising team on 01202 670644 to request a collection jar.
Our five fundraising tips:
- Start early. Don’t leave it to the last minute to plan your event or ask for sponsorship – the more organised you are, the more relaxed you will feel and the more enjoyable your fundraising will be!
- Ask your employer if they are able to match-fund your fundraising efforts.
- Shout about it! Tell everyone what you’re doing – not only will you be raising vital funds, you’ll be raising awareness too.
- Set up an online fundraising page to collect donations. We recommend using Just Giving – it’s a fast, easy way to encourage sponsorship and all the funds come straight to us so there’s no need for you to worry about collecting sponsorship.
- Tell your local media outlets – if you’re doing something out-of-the-ordinary, try contacting your local newspaper or radio station to see if they would like to cover your story. We can help you with this!