Support for families
- Our care
How to support us
- 30 Years
- About us
This statement sets out how Forest Holme Hospice Charity uses and protects any information you give us when you engage with us. This could be through donating, participating in an event, volunteering for us or any other way you choose to support us.
Name: Forest Holme Hospice Charity
Address: 5 Seldown Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1TS
Phone Number: 01202 670644
Registered charity number: 1038021
What we collect
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you.
When you register with us for an event, make a donation online, write, email, telephone or visit us, we will ask for information to enable us to process your request.
We may also receive information from third parties which we use for fundraising purposes. For example, Just Giving or In Memory Giving platforms.
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information such as address, email and telephone number
- Relationship/employer details
- Donation and Gift Aid information
- Donation preferences and interests
How we get the personal information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You are fundraising in aid of us
- You are donating to us
- You are taking part in an event, activity or challenge
- You are a registered volunteer of the charity
- You have asked us for information about fundraising/making a donation/attending an event
We also receive personal information indirectly, for example, online giving platforms such as Just Giving or Paypal.
How do we use the personal information
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Process donations, payments and Gift Aid
- Respond to correspondence from you
- Send thankyou letters
- Respond to complaints
- Keep you up to date on the work of the charity by sending you information by post. For example, future events, activities and appeals
- Tell you about volunteering activities
We do not carry out any automated decision-making, but we may profile your personal information so that we can communicate with you in a relevant way. We do not buy additional information about you from third parties.
We will never sell your personal information. From time to time, we may need to share your information to service providers who are operating under written contract with us to help fulfil a charity activity, for example a mailing house or event provider.
Legal basis for processing and storing your information
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- With your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com or calling 01202 670644
- We have a contractual obligation to you, for example taking part in an event
- We have a legal obligation, for example complying with financial regulations
- We have a legitimate interest, for example sending you communications where our legitimate interest is to raise funds for Forest Holme Hospice. We will always carry out an assessment to establish legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on a secure database which complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will only hold your information for as long as it is necessary for us to fulfil our charitable activities and legal financial requirements. After that time, we will archive your personal information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request, please contact us at:
Forest Holme Hospice Charity, 5 Seldown Road, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1TS.
Telephone: 01202 670644
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us. Please contact us on 01202 670644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Cookies are small amounts of data that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. These will only work if you allow Cookies to be used on this site
|Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
|Online notification form cookie
|A series of Cookies beginning with ASPSESSIONID
|These cookies are essential to the underlying technology used by the website and have to be set when you first visit
|Used to store your acceptance to storing cookies on your browser.
- Most web browsers allow some control of Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit org.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may embed content such as YouTube videos. Embedded content may set cookies which are completely outside of our control.
This policy was last updated December 2022