Support for families
- Our care
How to support us
- 30 Years
- About us
Forest Holme Hospice Charity is proud to support the life-enhancing work of Forest Holme Hospice, part of University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust. Established on 26 April 1994, Friends of Forest Holme as it was known then, was set up to fundraise for the new specialist palliative care unit.
Over the years the Charity has been committed to funding additional nursing staff for the inpatient ward, two counsellors to provide psychological support to patients and their families, a variety of complementary therapies, medical equipment and practical fixtures and fittings to make the Hospice a more homely environment.
Every adult in our community affected by a potentially life limiting illness has equal access to the support and service they need, whenever and wherever they are, in order to enhance their quality of life.
To enhance the lives of adults in Dorset with life limiting illness through clinical excellence, exceptional service and compassionate care.
We are committed to:
- Providing emotional and practical support
- Supporting innovation and research
- Striving for equity of service provision
- Supporting training and education
- Raising our funds cost effectively
Our five values underpin and influence all areas of Forest Holme Hospice Charity’s work. We are:
- Ambitious to support the provision of world class palliative and end of life care
- Approachable in our manner
- Committed to delivering the best possible service in a cost-effective manner
- Person centred in all that we do to ensure the best possible outcome for the individual
- Transparent in all that we undertake to deliver our organisation’s goals
Over the next five years, Forest Holme Hospice Charity will look to focus and deliver on the following areas:
- understand what matters most to patients at the end of their life, and those close to them, in order to help achieve that as part of their support network;
- champion innovative, exemplary and cost-effective palliative and end of life care, both locally and nationally, making best use of the community’s resources;
- create a more nimble and sustainable charity infrastructure to help meet the increasing need for responsive, comprehensive and accessible palliative and end of life care services, both now and in the future.
Our Fundraising Promise
Forest Holme Hospice Charity is committed to ensuring our fundraising is undertaken in an accountable, courteous, legal, respectful and transparent manner. We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and our activities adhere to their Code of Fundraising Practice. A copy of the Fundraising Regulator’s Fundraising Promise can be found here.
Being a small, local charity, we feel very strongly about ensuring Forest Holme’s supporters are not put under any pressure to donate to our cause. This is why you will never receive a cold call from a member of our team to solicit donations and we do not buy or share personal data or allow anyone else to do so on our behalf.
Our guarantee to you, in return for your vital support, is that your generous donations will be well spent where they are most needed, and in the most cost-effective way possible.
Your contribution will help to enhance the lives of patients and their families.
The charity needs to raise £1,000,000 each year to fund the care and support offered at Forest Holme Hospice.