Our wonderful volunteers take on all sorts of tasks to help us. From administrative tasks to baking cakes for events, to helping to run our shop and keeping the hospice gardens tidy, there’s a role for everyone.
We are always in need of extra helping hands at events, our shop and in the office, so if you are able to spare a few hours to help us, we are sure we can find the right role for you.
Our volunteer roles are varied with some requiring more time commitment than others. No matter which role(s) is right for you, one thing is sure – you will be making a difference. Wherever you are based in Dorset, we need you and would love to hear from you. We hope being a member of our volunteer team allows you to feel part of the charity, make new friends and also have fun whilst helping others.
Please read through this volunteer application pack, which gives you a brief introduction to the roles available and what you can expect from the Charity should you choose to join our team.
Volunteering has many benefits. You use your skills to help others, but it can open new doors and new experiences for you. You could:
- Gain and improve on your skills and knowledge
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Enhance your CV
- Interact with people in your local community
- Feel a valued member of a team/organisation
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Help others and make a difference in their lives
What you can expect from us. When you join our volunteer team you will receive help and support from us and:
- Receive regular updates on the work of the Charity
- Receive a suitable induction and training deemed necessary for your volunteer role
- Be kept up to date with local news and events
- Be reimbursed, with prior agreement of the Charity Manager, for your out-of-pocket expenses accompanied by receipts in accordance with the Charity’s volunteer expenses policy
Volunteering roles. Our volunteers support us with a range of events and activities, from helping at fayres, festivals and carnivals to wrapping tombola prizes, bucket collections, sorting recycling items, baking cakes and lots more. However, we also have a number of specific roles available:
- Collection Box Coordinator
- Fundraising Champion
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Bucket Collections
- Volunteer Speaker
- Event Coordinator
- Carnival Lead
How do I get involved?
Volunteer roles at Forest Holme Hospice Charity are varied and there is something for everyone. Whether you can spare an hour, a month, or a couple of days a month, we appreciate all your support as a member of the team. Please find a brief outline of some of the volunteering opportunities available on the next page. If you would like further information on any of the volunteer roles, please contact the office on 01202 670644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org